This is a recipe that I started playing with last year. I wanted a high fiber sweet snack to satisfy sweet tooth cravings. Just to warn you…this cookie packs a fiber punch. hahaha! Enjoy.
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Uncle Sams cereal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 T unsalted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ T cinnamon
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried pomegranates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients. Stir with a whisk.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add applesauce and brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add pomegranate, vanilla and egg. Beat until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Drop dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 min. Cool completely on wire racks.
Nutrient Break (per cookie) – Recipe makes 48 small cookies
Calories 67, Fat 2g, Sat fat 0.5g, Chol 9mg, Sodium 5mg, Carb 7g, Fiber 1g, Protein 1g