- Zest from ½ lemon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp; use same lemon as above)
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp thyme, dried
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root slices
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb chicken breast (about 4 pieces)
- Additional lemon, sliced thin for serving
- Remove zest from lemon with a zester or grater. Cut the zest into small pieces.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce, thyme, oregano, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, pepper and olive oil to the zest. Blend with a whisk.
- Add chicken pieces, turning them in the marinade several times to coat.
- Marinate chicken at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken until internal temperature of 165F.
Nutrition Info (per serving 3oz, after cooking)- Serves 4
Calories 168, Fat 4.7g, Chol 72.1mg, Sodium 64.7mg, Carb 2.4, Protein 27.5g
*This is a healthy adaptation from the “Lemon Ginger Marinated Chicken” recipe in Special Eats, Simple Solutions for Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Cooking by Sueson Vess. I do not recommend a gluten-free & dairy-free lifestyle, unless medically warranted, but I do enjoy some of the recipes from this book.